What is this app ?
Using this Shiny app, one can visualize oil prices (from 2000 to 2021) and events that may have had an impact on prices.
Oil prices were retrieved thanks to the U.S. Energy Information Administration API ( EIA ).
Events were web scrapped using two sources of event data:
- Time line database created by Algis Ratnikas - Oil Timeline
- Chronological main events captured in Wikipedia - e.g. Wikipedia 2021
How this app works ?
- Oil Prices - Visualize oil prices since 2000.
- Check Events - Select year & source of event data, vizualize prices & read the events.
- Word Cloud - Select year & source of event data, check the word cloud result.
- Search by Key Word - Select year & source of event data, type key word and see the associated events.
R packages used to build this Shiny App : Plotly, Shiny, Shinydashboard, ShinyJS, EIAdata, Wordcloud2, Memoise, and a few more libraries...
Shiny App built by Remy Zumbiehl (2022).
Contact : email@example.com
Blog : remyzum.com .